Custodians are responsible for performing routine maintenance daily to ensure school buildings are clean and in orderly condition.
Daily maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and maintaining floors, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming rugs
- Scrubbing and sanitizing restrooms
- Restocking restrooms
- Cleaning and sanitizing cafeterias and kitchens
- Collecting and disposing of trash
- Cleaning up spills
- Cleaning and washing all classrooms, stairwells, offices, etc.
- Performing repairs on furniture, doors, windows, lights, etc.
- Ensuring buildings are secure after hours
- Preparing for special events held in buildings
- Disposing of trash/debris on and around school grounds and parking lots
Summer maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Washing walls, washing windows, washing furniture, and shampooing rugs
- Washing and sanitizing lockers
- Stripping floors, waxing floors
- Assembling tables, desks, etc.
- Moving classrooms and office furniture
Spring / Summer / Fall grounds maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Spring and Fall clean- up (leaves)
- Trimming and maintaining fields and landscaping
- Preparing MCB baseball field, Veterans Field, and Carter Park for games and events
- Preparing Veterans Field for outdoor graduation
Winter grounds maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Removing snow around buildings
- Plowing school parking lots
- Salting and sanding sidewalks, crosswalks, and parking lots